Cebu City Council to hold emergency session to address water supply woes
By Gerard Vincent Francisco Cebu Daily News | April 11, 2019
CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Cebu City Council will reportedly be holding an emergency special session tomorrow, April 12, to discuss about the action to address the effects of El Niño.
Cebu City Councilor David “Dave” Tumulak told CDN Digital in a phone interview on Thursday, April 11, said that they would decide if the City Council would declare a state of calamity amid the water situation in some of the barangays in the city at present.
Tumulak said they also had already received data from the Metropolitan Cebu Water District (MCWD) regarding the irregular flow of water supply in 17 barangays in Cebu City.
Tumulak said that the council would also be assessing the effects of the drought to the agriculture in Cebu City.
“Naa namay gihatag nga data ang MCWD, intermittent water supply sa mga barangays,” said Tumulak.
(The MCWD have already submitted their data about the intermittent water supply in the barangays.)
He also advised the public to conserve water and take advantage of artesian wells, which as of now had sufficient supply of water.
He also assured that the public that the fire trucks from the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) would also be sent for water rationing to the different barangays, using resources coming from Mactan Rock Industries and the MCWD.
Tumulak also said that according to the MCWD, the intermittent flow of water in the 17 barangays was a result of the decrease of production of water in MCWD’s water sources — the Jaclupan and Buhisan Dams — due to the dry spell./dbs
Read original: Cebu Daily News